在今天看見明天

在國外租房子不知道如何跟房東溝通嗎?記下這些租房實用英語

EF English Live線上英文學習專區
2018-06-12
教育
達志

在國外租房子不知道如何跟房東溝通嗎?記下這些租房實用英語

EF English Live線上英文學習專區
2018-06-12
在國外租房子不知道如何跟房東溝通嗎?記下這些租房實用英語
教育
達志

在國外租房子的時候不知道如何用英語溝通嗎? 不用擔心,只要謹記以下常用句型,保證讓你租屋時再也不會辭窮了!

第一次租房子,要去看房間、屋子或公寓…

When you are first organizing an appointment to look at a room, house or apartment to rent

 

- My name is… I saw your advertisement of a [ room / house / apartment ] to rent and I’m very interested.

(我的名字是…我看到你的租屋廣告,很感興趣。)

 

- When would it be convenient for me to view the room please?

(請問什麼時候方便看房子呢?)

 

- I’m sorry I am only able to view after 6 o’clock (or 6p.m.) in the evening or at weekends due to my work commitments.

(不好意思,由於工作關係,我只能在晚上6點以後或週末才有時間過去看房子。)

 

- I could view the room in my lunch break between 12 and 2p.m. 

(我可以在午餐休息時大約在12點到下午2點過去看房子。)

 

- So that’s Wednesday evening at 6p.m? I look forward to meeting you.

(那就這個禮拜三晚上6點吧?很期待見到你。)

 

 

當你見到房東,參觀房子或公寓時…

When you meet the landlord and view the room/apartment

 

- Does the rent include the costs for water and heating?

(房租是否包括水和暖氣的費用?)

 

- How much are the [ electricit y/ gas / water ] bills for a year?

(一年電/瓦斯/水費需要支付多少錢?)

 

- Is there a telephone connection? I need to be able to get internet access.

(這裡可以接通電話嗎?我還需要網路連線。)

 

- How many other rooms are let in the building?

(這棟住宅還有多少房間可以入住?)

 

- How many people share the [ bathroom / kitchen ] ?

(有多少人共用浴室或廚房?)

 

- Is there a laundry room?

(有洗衣間嗎?)

 

- So this studio apartment has an open plan area which is for living, sleeping and cooking with a separate bathroom?

(所以這間套房有一個開放式的區域,可居住、睡覺和烹飪,外加一間獨立的浴室?)

 

- So this apartment has an open plan living area with kitchenette, a separate bedroom and a bathroom?

(所以這間公寓有一個開放式的客廳與簡便小廚房,外加一間獨立的臥房加浴室?)

 

- Do you have an apartment available with its own separate kitchen, bedroom and bathroom?

(請問你們的出租公寓是否有獨立的廚房、臥室和浴室嗎?)

 

- Is there a [ washing machine / dishwasher ] in the kitchen?

(廚房裡有洗衣機或洗碗機嗎?)

 

- Do any of the other tenants have children?

(其他的房客家裡有孩子嗎?)

 

- Am I allowed to redecorate the rooms?

(我可以重新裝修這間房子嗎?)

 

- How long is the rental lease for?

(租約期有多長?)

 

- Do I have to pay a security deposit?

(我需要付押金嗎?)

 

- Have many other people viewed the room already?

(已經有多少人看過這間房子了?)

 

- When will you decide who gets the room?

(你什麼時候能決定這間房子要租給誰?)

 

- When would I be able to move in?

(我什麼時候可以搬進來呢?)

 

- Am I allowed to use the garden at the rear or does that belong to the ground floor apartment?

(我可以使用後邊的花園嗎?還是那個花園只屬於一樓的住戶的嗎?)

 


 

一旦你搬進去了,你也許會遇到一些問題…
 

Once you move in you may have some problems or things that go wrong in the room/apartment

 

- The [ heating / air conditioning / washing machine / dishwasher ] isn’t working. 

(冷暖氣機/洗衣機/洗碗機壞了。)

 

- I’m having a problem with my key and lock. It is difficult to unlock the door.

(門鎖和鑰匙出問題了,門鎖很難打開。)

 

- The timed light always goes out before I can reach the landing.

(我都還沒走到樓下,一樓的定時感應燈就已經熄滅了。)

 

- Could you organize for it to be repaired please?

(你能否抽空修理一下嗎?)

 

- I’m sorry but I have to complain about the neighbors [ upstairs / downstairs / on the other side of the hallway ] .

(不好意思,但是我必須投訴樓上/樓下/走廊對面的鄰居。)

 

- They are very noisy.

(他們太吵了。)

 

- They leave their garbage in the hallway which leaves an unpleasant smell and attracts cats, mice and rats.

(他們把垃圾堆在走廊,味道很難聞,還把野貓和老鼠都引來了。)

 

- They leave bicycles in the hallway and it is difficult to open the door and get into the hallway.

(他們把腳踏車停在走廊,這樣我很難打開門,也很難通過。)

 

- The children leave toys on the stairs and it is very dangerous.

(小孩子把玩具丟在樓梯間,這樣容易造成危險。)

 

 

本文經EF English Live線上英文授權刊登,原文發表於此

延伸閱讀

批評的英文,謹慎使用!

學語言是為了要溝通,而溝通裡有一個很重要的部分是批評。如果用了錯誤的方式來批評,可能會無意間刺傷他人。所以批評是有技巧的,今天我們要來學學批評的英文該如何使用,並說出有建設性的批評,讓原本可能讓對方不舒服的評論轉變成正向積極的溝通。

還在用good、tasty嗎?如何用英語說出一口好味道?

很多人喜歡看美食節目,而節目最精彩的地方莫過於看主持人如何舌燦蓮花說出食物的美味。不過如果主持人形容美食時只會單調且重複地說「好好吃」、「好棒」、「好美味」,那觀眾一定很快就失去興趣了。用英語形容美食也是一樣,如果你只能用 good、tasty、yummy這些陳腔濫調來形容,那就太無趣了。今天就讓我們來學習如何用英語說出一口好味道!

讓同事刮目相看!超實用的商務會議英文該怎麼說?

不論你是公司的業務代表或是擔任要職的主管,常常會碰到需要與客戶開會negotiate(協商)的時候。職場上我們常碰到的negotiation(協商的名詞)情況有哪些呢?

展現專業的第一步,從5個英文電子郵件的寫作技巧開始!

對我們多數人來說,電子郵件是工作上最常使用的溝通方式。因為國際商務世界的語言都是以英文為主,因此撰寫英文電子郵件就成為一項必要的技能。雖然電子郵電不比傳統信件正式,但還是可以表現出你的專業能力。寫出正確而清楚的英文電子郵件將可使你的老闆、同事和全世界的客戶對你留下深刻印象。

英文使用上請避免「政治不正確」!

你會留意跟同事或朋友聊天時,避免用到不適當的措辭讓對方聽起來不舒服嗎? 對於我們自己的語言,我們可能會較敏感,並顧及對方的感受。而基於同樣的概念,英文的使用也是如此。